Here is a letter that I would write to Bolletje. It has not actually been sent.

"Dear Bolletje,
For a school project, I had to research how to make packaging more ethical and sustainable. I love your products and decided that I wanted to do some research on your company and packaging. I started by taking some pictures and measuring the sides of your 'Goed Bezig Bar' packaging. Then I read the packaging and some articles on your website. I found out that you have had a long history of baking and use all-natural ingredients and no artificial coloring. Using natural ingredients and natural coloring is very good for the environment and I encourage you to continue doing it.
Then I calculated the surface area of your packaging and found out that the surface area was 654.98 cm squared and the volume was 936.62 cm cubed. I decided to calculate the surface area for a cylinder, cube, and triangular prism with the same volume to see which one had the least surface area. By minimizing the surface area of a packaging you use less packaging which is very good for the environment. Fewer materials are used and therefore less will end up in the landfill.
I started with the calculations for the cube which had a surface area of 574.372363704 cm squared. The cube had a very good surface area which was a significantly smaller number than the original packaging. Next was the cylinder had a surface area of 625.2206666667 cm squared. Which was still less than your original packaging but still bigger than your original packaging. Lastly, I calculated the surface area of the triangular prism, it was 806.2590333cm squared. This was a lot more than your original packaging so I would definitely not recommend using a triangular prism.
The square would be the option for your packaging, it is not hard to construct, suitable for your product and most importantly it has the smallest surface area, which means it is more ethical and eco friendly. I hope you will consider using this packaging because together we can help the earth by producing less trash that ends up in a landfill.
Kind Regards,
Teuntje Lambriex"
Comments
Post a Comment