Skip to main content

Calculations for Triangular prism

For my last shape, I decided to calculate the surface area of a Triangular Prism. The formula for the volume of a triangular prism is V=1/2 (bhl). But we already know the volume is 936.62 cm cubed so we can change it 936.62=1/2(bhl). I started by multiplying the volume by 2 and I got 1,873.24. I decided the length would be 30 cm and the height would be 9. So I divided 1,873.24 by 30 (answer 62.441333330) and then I divided by 9 (Answer 6.937925926.) So then I knew the base the height and the length. Using basic area calculations I figured out that surface area would be 806.2590333 cm cubed. Landing it in 4th place. How many faces, edges, and vertices does a triangular prism have ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calculations Cylinder

Today I decided to do the calculations for the hexagonal prism. The formula for the volume is  V=bh But we already know the volume. So we can change it to  936.62 cm³ . =bh . The reason this cylinder is different is that we have to choose the size of the base or the height ourselves. I decided to try 2 different options. I started with a height of 30 cm. So I divided  936.62 by 30 and got  31.2206666667.  So that means  31.2206666667 is the area of the base, but to find the surface area we have to figure out the  circumference.  I calculated with the formula 2 square root pi times area, that the circumference is, 19.81. So if you take the height 30  and multiply that with 19.81 you get 594cm  squared. Then you take the area of the circle and them together 31.2206666667+ 594 and  you get  625.220666667. So the surface area is 625.2206666667 cm squared. This is not the most efficient packaging but right now it is  in se...

Pictures of Calculations

I thought that maybe it would be a good idea to upload pictures of my calculations on paper. So here are the calculations for all my shapes.

Conclusion

After this project and all my calculations, I can conclude that the cube was the most efficient shape. According to my calculations, the square has a surface area of  574.372363704   cm, and the original shape had a surface area of   654.98 cm. Meaning its about 80cm more. Minimizing the surface area is a very important step to take when wanting to become an ethical and sustainable company. For more details on my calculations check my posts with specific info for each shape and my post with all the calculations on paper. To find the surface area of the square I worked backward from the volume to get the length of the edges using that I could easily find the surface area.  I designed and constructed the cube with lots of care and am really glad with how it turned out. If I was Bolletje I would consider my product because it is sustainable, cheaper for the producer and the design is eye-catching.